By Andy Hyslop
- Sir Alex appeared on American TV as part of his promotion for new book Leading
- Sir Alex talked about a number of subjects
Sir Alex Ferguson appeared on American show Morning Joe last Friday as part of his promotional tour for his new book Leading. The book is about Leadership. Not just as a football manager but for any industry in the world.
Sir Alex was asked about a number of subjects in the interview. From the recent sacking of Brendon Rodgers, David Moyes failure as United manager. Jose Mourinho’s current struggles at Chelsea.
One of the main aspects of Sir Alex’s management of Manchester United was that he had the final decision on transfers. Whether that was players leaving the club or coming into the come. If you are going to appoint someone to manage your club. You need to trust the managers judgement.
He talked about this when asked about the sacking of Rodgers and the transfer committee that Liverpool apparently employ. They are not the only club to be going in this direction in England. Brentford in the Championship are one example.
At Brentford I think its more the chairman of the club wanting to have control over everything. They made the decision to relieve Mark Warburton of his duties before the end of last season. Despite the fact he had them challenging for promotion to the Championship.
Watch the full interview here to find out Sir Alex’s views on:
- Why England fail at major tournaments
- Who was the best player that he managed at Manchester United
- What he really thought of that rant from Rafa.
- Diving in football
- Is he surprised at the corruption at FIFA
- Rule changes he would like to see
- Who he thinks will win the league this season
This video is courtesy of YouTube Channel Footy MOTD 4